create Library Accounts & Manage Passwords
You must create separate accounts to: register for Miner classes; connect to electronic resources from home; use ILLiad for interlibrary loan and article copying requests; and use the My Account feature of the Voyager library catalog.
After completing each registration process, use that username and password to access the resource.
Classes - to register for Miner Library courses
- Username: Your e-mail address.
- Password: You choose when you create your account; it cannot be changed.
- Forget your password: Input your e-mail address (username), and your password will be mailed to you.
- Questions: Call a Reference Librarian, 275-2487 (M-F, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.).
Connect from Home - off-campus access to Miner's electronic resources
- Username and password: Great news!! The authentication mechanism for Miner Library's electronic resources has changed. In an effort to better serve our user community, we have simplified access.
Users currently affiliated with the University can now use their NetID or URMC-SH (Active Directory) usernames and passwords.
- Questions: University IT: 275-2000
ILLiad - to request materials not owned by Miner or to receive copies of materials owned by Miner
- Username and password: You choose when you create your account.
- Change the password: Access your account. On the Main Menu, scroll down the page to "Change Password."
- Forget your username or password: Contact Miner Interlibrary Loan, 275-5787.
Voyager (library catalog) - to access information under "My Account," including renewing or placing a request for an item
- To use the "My Account" feature : You MUST first be set up in the system. Stop by or call the Answer Desk (General Information) at Miner, 275-3361, or at Bibby Library (Eastman Dental Center), 275-5010.
- To login to the "My Account" area of Voyager: You may login one of three different ways. In the upper section you can use either your URMC-SH (Active Directory) account, the username and password that you would use to login to your URMC computer and email -OR- your NetID, the username and password that you would use to login to HRMS -OR- in the lower section you can use your student ID number or your University ID number and your last name.
- Problems logging in: Contact the Answer Desk (General Information), 275-3361.