Strengthen Your Immune System
Vaccinations may boost resistance, but cures for virus-based illnesses like the flu don’t exist. So, keep your immune system "tuned"—it’s the only one you’ve got!
Boost your immune system with:
- adequate sleep,
- getting recommended vaccinations,
- eating a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants,
- getting recommended exercise,
- washing your hands and maintaining good hygiene,
- avoiding smoking and heavy alcohol use (or getting evaluated for addictive illness if you struggle with these issues), and
- maintaining a healthy weight.
The immune system becomes less efficient with age. Examine gaps in your immune system maintenance plan, and talk to your EAP, medical doctor, or health/wellness adviser to overcome roadblocks. It may be a first step to a longer life.
The Life-Work Connections Employee Assistance Program is brought to you by Well-U, helping eligible individuals to assess issues, and provide short-term counseling and referrals.
Keith Stein |