37th Annual Conference Spanning the Continuum of Care: Innovations in the Practice of Age-Friendly Care
Date: Friday September 29, 2023, 9:00am - 4:00pm ET
Thank you for attending! We'll post information about next year's Conference in the coming months.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
This conference provides geriatric health professionals throughout the continuum of care with clinical and practical topics relevant to health practice with older adults. These topics were selected because they represent areas of need as identified by participants and faculty who provide health care to older adults. Some topics represent increasing clinical concerns in the geriatric population. Other topics represent areas that have important policy and cost implications for health care providers and ultimately affect the way services are provided to older patients.
- Steven R. Barczi, MD, FAASM, Professor of Medicine (Geriatrics/ Sleep Medicine), Director of Clinical Services, UW Division of Geriatrics, Associate Program Director, Geriatric Medicine Fellowship and Advanced Fellowship, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health; Acting Director, Madison VA Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Director of Geri-PACT and Site Director-Virtual Geriatrics Telemedicine Program, Wm. S. Middleton VA Hospital
- Judith L. Howe, PhD, MPA, FGSA, FAGHE, Professor, Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, and Environmental Medicine & Public Health, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai; Associate Director, Education and Evaluation, and Deputy Director, VISN 2 Geriatrics Research, Education and Clinical Center (GRECC), VAMC; President, Gerontological Society of America
- Lisa Kitko, PhD, RN, FAHA, FAAN, Dean, School of Nursing, Vice President, University of Rochester Medical Center, Professor of Nursing
- Vincent Siasoco, MD, MBA, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, and Family and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine; Director of Community Model Training, Rose F. Kennedy UCEDD at Montefiore; Medical Director, ADAPT Community Network
- Tracey Siebert-Konopko, LMSW, Assistant Director for Education, Training and Research Initiatives, Upstate Elder Abuse Center, Lifespan of Greater Rochester
- Finger Lakes Geriatric Education Center (FLGEC), University of Rochester Medical Center
- Division of Geriatrics & Aging, University of Rochester Medical Center
- University of Rochester Aging Institute (URAI)
- Finger Lakes Center of Excellence for Alzheimer's Disease (FLCEAD)
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
ACCREDITATION: The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CERTIFICATION: The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
University of Rochester Medical Center, Center for Experiential Learning is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0005. This course has been approved for 5.00 hours. Attendance at the entire program is required (no partial credit can be awarded).
Laura M. Robinson, MPH
Program Coordinator, FLGEC
This project is sponsored by the Finger Lakes Geriatric Education Center funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under the Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program # U1QHP28738. This information or content and conclusions are those of the authors/speakers and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, DHHS, or the U.S. Government.