32nd Annual Conference Spanning the Continuum of Care: Innovations in Geriatric Health Practice
Date: Friday September 28, 2018
Location: Monroe Community Hospital, 435 East Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY 14620
Save the Date flyer: Save the Date flyer
Online Registration: coming in July 2018
We are pleased to feature the following speakers (alphabetical) at this year's conference:
- Michael J. Hasselberg, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC: Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Clinical Nursing, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Courtney Marie Cora Jones, PhD, MPH: Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Beatriz Korc-Grodzicki, MD, PhD: Chief, Geriatrics Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Nancy Kusmaul, PhD, LMSW: Assistant Professor, School of Social Work, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Hochang Benjamin Lee, MD: John Romano Professor and Chair, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry; Chief of Psychiatry, Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester; and Regional Chief of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Sunny Linnebur, Pharm.D., FCCP, FASCP, BCPS, BCGP: Professor, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
This conference provides geriatric health professionals throughout the continuum of care with clinical and practical topics relevant to health practice with older adults. These topics were selected because they represent areas of need as identified by participants and faculty who provide health care to older adults. Some topics represent increasing clinical concerns in the geriatric population. Other topics represent areas that have important policy and cost implications for health care providers and ultimately affect the way services are provided to older patients.
HIGHLIGHTS from 2017
Almost 200 interdisciplinary professionals attended the 31st Annual Conference and enjoyed a day of engaged learning from experts in the field.
Dr. Pierre Tariot
Drs. Rowe, Medina-Walpole, and Taubman
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
The University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Access your Transcript: UR CEL
(scroll up when the page opens and click on My Transcript)
- Finger Lakes Geriatric Education Center (FLGEC), University of Rochester Medical Center
- Division of Geriatrics & Aging, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Office for Aging Research and Health Services (OARHS), University of Rochester Medical Center
- The Collaborative for Palliative Care
In Collaboration with The JJ Peters VAMC, Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center (GRECC)
Laura M. Robinson, MPH
Program Coordinator, FLGEC
This project is sponsored by the Finger Lakes Geriatric Education Center funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under the Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program # U1QHP28738. This information or content and conclusions are those of the authors/speakers and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, DHHS, or the U.S. Government.