SAVE THE DATE
33rd Annual Conference Spanning the Continuum of Care: Innovations in Geriatric Health Practice
Date: Friday September 27, 2019, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Location: Monroe Community Hospital, 435 East Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY 14620
Conference Brochure: 33rd Annual Conference Brochure
Agenda: SCC Agenda
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
This conference provides geriatric health professionals throughout the continuum of care with clinical and practical topics relevant to health practice with older adults. These topics were selected because they represent areas of need as identified by participants and faculty who provide health care to older adults. Some topics represent increasing clinical concerns in the geriatric population. Other topics represent areas that have important policy and cost implications for health care providers and ultimately affect the way services are provided to older patients.
- Helen M. Fernandez, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, Geriatrics and Palliative Care, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Ellen Flaherty, PhD, ARNP, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Community & Family Medicine, and Director, Dartmouth Centers for Health & Aging, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth College
- Feng Vankee Lin, PhD, RN, Associate Professor of Nursing, Brain and Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, and Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Annette Medina-Walpole, MD, Paul H. Fine Professor of Medicine and Chief, Division of Geriatrics & Aging, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Daniel E. Trucil, MA, MPH, Associate Director of Communications, American Geriatrics Society
- Kimberly A. Van Orden, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Ednita M. Wright, PhD, LCSW, CASAC, Associate Professor, Department of Human Services, SUNY Onondaga Community College
- Finger Lakes Geriatric Education Center (FLGEC), University of Rochester Medical Center
- Division of Geriatrics & Aging, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Office for Aging Research and Health Services (OARHS), University of Rochester Medical Center
- Finger Lakes Center of Excellence for Alzheimer's Disease (FLCEAD)
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Social Work Continuing Education: University of Rochester Medical Center, Center for Experiential Learning is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-005. This course has been approved for 6.0 contact hours.
Continuing Education credits will be available in the University of Rochester online system within 30 days of the completion of the conference. Instructions for accessing your transcript are in this pdf file.
Laura M. Robinson, MPH
Program Coordinator, FLGEC
This project is sponsored by the Finger Lakes Geriatric Education Center funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under the Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program # U1QHP28738. This information or content and conclusions are those of the authors/speakers and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, DHHS, or the U.S. Government.