GVRRID is a non-profit affiliated chapter of the National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID), Inc., with the following purposes:
1. To act as a body to advance and maintain professional skills and ethical standards for interpreters.
2. To exchange ideas, opinions, and experiences pertaining to professional interpreting through networking.
3. To seek ways and means to make interpreting services more readily available for Deaf, hard-of-hearing, and hearing consumers.
4. To be a resource to Deaf, hard-of-hearing, and hearing consumers as to the most effective use of interpreting services.
5. To maintain a current registry of members.
PO Box 23672
Rochester, NY 14692