Catherine Hastings, ANP
Catherine Hastings has been a member of the nursing staff in the Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Rochester since 1992. For the past few years, she has been practicing as an Adult Nurse Practitioner within a multidisciplinary team at the University. She currently works with Dr. G. Edward Vates, Co-Director of the Rochester Neurosurgery Partners Neuro- Endocrinology Clinic. As a Nurse Practitioner, she provides comprehensive care to patients with skull based tumors, pituitary tumors and cerebrovascular disorders.
Ms. Hastings is certified nationally as an Adult Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. She is a member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioner, New York State Nurse Practitioner Association and American Association of Neuroscience Nurses Association. Professionally she has served as Treasurer of the Greater Rochester Chapter of the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses Association in 1999-2001. In 2008, she was elected Secretary of the local chapter of the AANN.
She earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology at North Adams State College, a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from the University of Massachusetts and a Master of Science Degree as an Adult Nurse Practitioner from the University of Rochester.
Bachelor of Arts- Sociology; North Adams State College 1981
Bachelor of Science- Nursing; University of Massachusetts 1988
Master of Science- Adult Nurse Practitioner ; University of Rochester 2002
- Mental Health Counselor at McLean Hospital, a private psychiatric facility in Belmont, Ma 1982-1988
- Employed at Strong Memorial Hospital since 1992
- Neuroscience certification from 1995-2000
- Local Chapter AANN treasurer 1999-2001
- Rochester General Hospital in 1996 as a staff nurse to open an acute stroke unit
- Unit educator on the Neurosurgery acute care unit 1997-2002.
- Nurse Leader on Neurosurgery Unit from 1998-2002.
- Active RN licensure in Massachusetts and New York
Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Hospital Medicine Service 2002-2006. Provide medical care and treatment to acute medical patients within a collaborative team.
- Neurosurgical Nurse Practitioner 2006 to present. Provide Neurosurgical care to both inpatient and outpatient patients. Work within a dynamic group of Neurosurgeons, Neurosurgical residents and Mid-Level Providers to provide quality care to the Neurosurgical population. A provider of comprehensive care for patients with pituitary tumors and associated disorders through the Neuro-Endocrinology Clinic.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner in New York State
- Member of American Academy of Nurse Practitioner
- Member of American Association of Neuroscience Nurses Association
- Member of Greater Rochester Neuroscience Nurses Association
- Member of New York State Nurse Practitioner Association
- Certified ACLS
View all Team Members