When that craving for a cookie hits but you want to keep it healthy, these super-easy chocolate chip cookies come together in seconds – in the microwave! Bananas have potassium our bodies need, and oats provide a boost of fiber. Use dark chocolate chips (60% cacao or higher) to get some additional antioxidants as well, with much less sugar and fat than what comes in traditional chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 banana (2 if they are small bananas)
- 1 cup oats
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mash the banana using a fork.
- Add in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Mix ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Form the mixture into small, flat “cookies” and place on a plate.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Flip the cookies over and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Slightly cool and enjoy!