This creamy dip is a great way to add legumes (and protein and fiber!) to your diet. It is a healthier alternative to sour cream- based dips. Serve with vegetables and whole wheat pita bread wedges for a colorful appetizer.
- 2-1/2 cups
- 1 jar (12 oz) roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 marinated sun-dried tomato halves, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place roasted red peppers in food processor or blender and purée.
- Add white beans, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, Greek yogurt, oregano, cumin and chili powder.
- Process to a smooth purée.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Dip tastes best if it is chilled 1 hour before serving.
- Store up to 3 days, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.