Men’s Health Day Promotes Wellness, Prevention
Monday, June 12, 2017
UR Medicine’s 13th Annual Men’s Health Day will be held on Friday, June 16, 2017. Caregivers from across UR Medicine will discuss a range of important health topics that will give men the knowledge and tools to better engage in their own health.
The event is sponsored by the Weinberg Family, in memory of Alan S. Weinberg, and will be held from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Locust Hill Country Club, 2000 Jefferson Road in Pittsford.
“Many of the health problems that men face as they age can be managed and even prevented by making healthy lifestyle decisions, seeing your physician regularly, staying on top of screenings, and taking control on one’s own health,” said Jean Joseph, M.D., M.B.A., a urologist with UR Medicine and organizer of the event. “Taking these steps are the most important things men can do to extend their life and remain healthy and active as they age.”
Speakers and topics at the event include:
- Stroke: Treating the untreatable – Tarun Bhalla, M.D., Ph.D., Neurosurgery
- Varicose vein disease: What you need to know – Jennifer Ellis, M.D., Vascular Surgery
- Background and update on age-related macular degeneration – David DiLoreto, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., Flaum Eye Institute
- Treatment options for hip and knee pain – Thomas Myers, M.D. and Benjamin Ricciardi, M.D., Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation
- Colon cancer: All too common, yet easy to identify and treat – Larissa Temple, M.D., Wilmot Cancer Institute
- Male urinary problems: Should you be concerned – Thomas Frye, D.O., Urology
For more information, visit: https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/mens-health.aspx