UR Medicine’s Wilmot Cancer Institute will celebrate cancer survivorship during Survivors Night at Frontier Field as the Rochester Red Wings take on the Norfolk Tides. Anyone who has been impacted by cancer is invited, as well as all Wilmot and University of Rochester employees.
Tickets cost $4 each and participants each receive a Wilmot Warrior Walk T-shirt. Gates open at 6 p.m. with the game starting at 7:05 p.m. Fireworks follow the game.
Those impacted by cancer are invited to participate in the pre-game survivors parade on the field. To help carry the flag to the field, participants should arrive by 6:15 p.m. and meet by the Sweet Spot, near right field.
“Survivors Night is always an amazing experience. The power of a group of people who are coming together to show support for one another is unlike anything that I’ve ever experienced. I’m only a care giver, and the event always bring tears of joy,” says Hillary Paine Hopkins, whose sister is a sarcoma survivor and Wilmot employee. “It’s like you’re with all of the people who understand what you and your survivor have been through and you don’t need words to explain it.”
To order tickets, contact Katy Hanrahan at (585) 455-8591 or email@example.com. Tickets may also be purchased online or on the following ticket sale dates:
- Thursday, Aug. 3 – Wilmot Cancer Center Lobby from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 5 – Rochester Public Market from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 8 – Wilmot Cancer Center Lobby from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 9 – URMC Farmer’s Market (Flaum Atrium) from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 10 – Wilmot Cancer Center Lobby from 8 to 10 a.m. and 12 to 2 p.m.
Questions about Survivors Night can be directed to Tiffany Paine-Cirrincione at (585) 276-4715.