Noyes Medication Dispensing Service now Available!
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Noyes Hospital now offers the Philips Medication Dispensing Service, the only service with a 98.6% dispensing adherence level among monitored subscribers. People rely on medications to keep them healthy. But, complex medication regimens can lead to mistakes, missing doses, taking incorrect amounts, or taking pills at the wrong time. These mistakes could lead to unnecessary doctor or hospital visits and medical complications. The Philips Medication Dispensing Service helps by reminding people with complex medication regimens to take medications at pre-programmed times, from convenient pre-filled dosage cups. It combines an automated medication dispenser with 24 hour monitoring and adherence reporting. Medication errors are common and costly.
For seniors, approximately 1 out of 10 hospital admissions are the result of incorrect use of medications. Studies show that not taking medications correctly can have serious consequences, including increased discomfort, inadequate disease prevention and possible even death. “We are proud to offer the Philips Lifeline Services in our community.” said Patricia Piper, RN, Director of Community Outreach Services. “By offering this service, we give seniors in our community a meaningful and needed service, allowing them to potentially reduce the risk of unplanned hospital or doctor visits related to incorrect medication use and remain independent at home. Have peace of mind knowing that the Philips Medication Dispenser (PMD) will call you if a loved one is not taking their medications.
The PMD is the most sophisticated dispensing system in the world. Developed here in the USA and marketed by Philips Lifeline. The PMD can dispense medication up to SIX times per day in convenient re-usable medication cups.
- Monitored Automatic Medication Dispenser
- Alerts Caregiver by Phone if medications are not dispensed or if PMD is running low on medications
- PMD is about the size of a LARGE coffeemaker - fits on a countertop
- Stores up to 60 days of medication
- Highest capacity - each medication cup has a capacity equal to 50 Aspirin sized pills
- 3-Way Reminders: Voice, Text and Blinking Light
- Pre-programmed text/voice messages such as “take with food”
- Lockable side cover keeps medications safe (2 keys included)
- Early Dose feature allows dosing flexibility
- Built in 10 hour battery backup
- Support Center monitoring via toll-free number
- PRN function dispenses medication as needed
For more information, about the Philips Medication Dispensing Service or the Philips Lifeline Service contact Noyes Lifeline & Medication Dispensing Services at (585) 335-4359 or email email@example.com