The following schedule is based on a hypothetical cycle. There may be two or three additional visits, or less (rarely) depending on circumstances and how you respond to medications. The time estimate given is the time spent at our facility, and does not include travel time.
The in-vitro fertilization (IVF) program is extremely complex. There are certain points where cancellation may be necessary.
- Consult (history and physical, transvaginal ultrasound) with provider, meet with IVF Nurse Coordinator – 60 minutes
- Psychological screening visit – approximately 2 hours for testing and interview
- Blood work and cultures – 20 minutes
- 1 hour
- Injection technique
- Review of cycle schedule
- Sign consents
- 45 minutes
- Baseline ultrasound and estrogen level
- History and physical
- Signing of consents
- 4 - 5 ultrasound and estrogen levels during stimulation – 30 minutes (at least one of these will be on a weekend).
Plan to be here 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Since you will have anesthesia, you will need to have someone drive you home.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (585) 487-3378.