TRUST Fibroid Treatment Study
Dr. Bala Bhagavath is conducting a clinical trial comparing existing uterine-sparing fibroid treatments (myomectomy and uterine artery embolization) with the Acessa, a newer fibroid treatment. If you participate you will:
- First meet with Dr Bhagavath for an initial consult to determine if you are eligible for the study.
- If you meet all eligibility criteria, you will be assigned to one of the existing fibroid treatments (laparoscopic myomectomy or uterine artery embolization) and scheduled for a pre-op clinic visit in preparation for your surgery.
- After you are assigned to a treatment, you will then be randomized to receive either your assigned therapy or the new Acessa treatment.
- You will then be asked to complete a series of questionnaires over a period of 5 years. Post-op questionnaires will be done at 24-72 hours, 1 week, 1 month, 3, months, 6 months, and then 1-5 years.
- You (or your insurance) will have to pay for a new patient visit if you have never visited Dr. Bhagavath prior to enrolling in the study. However, the cost of the pre-op clinic visit, surgery, and post-op clinic visit will be covered by the study.
- In addition to covering the cost of your surgery and pre-op/post-op visits, you will be reimbursed a maximum of $350 for participating in the study.
This study can be found on the clinicaltrials.gov website through this link: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02163525?term=TRUST+USA&rank=2
If you are interested in participating, please contact the study coordinator Divya Kumar at (585)274-9403/(585)284-9413 (cell), or email@example.com