Maternal Serum Screening Program
The Maternal Serum Screening Program offers prenatal screening for fetal defects.
- We provide prenatal testing for Down syndrome, trisomy 18, neural tube defects and ventral wall defects.
- Monthly population statistics are compiled for the prenatal program to monitor our population medians.
- We provide rapid turnaround, since samples are collected and processed locally instead of being transported to a reference lab.
- We have onsite prenatal testing consultants.
- Our tests include first and second trimester prenatal screening.
- Robert Mooney, Ph.D. and Tamera Paczos, M.D. work with the physicians in the Maternal Fetal Medicine program.
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Faculty and Reproductive Genetics Counselors Jeanne Peterson and Erika Bliss provide consultation on prenatal issues.
- Beckman UniCel DxI 800 automated immunoassay analyzer for prenatal analysis
For questions concerning collection, processing and interpretation of results, please call the Maternal Serum Screening Program at (585) 758-1004 Monday through Thursday between 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.