Research Day 2016
Save the Date! Research Day 2017 will be held on Monday, June 12 at the University of Rochester Medical Center.
Click for Research Day Photo Gallery
In a true showing of tenacity and innovation in the field of pathology, the Department celebrated its 36th annual Research Day on Monday, June 13 at the University of Rochester Medical Center.
Research Day is annual event featuring oral and poster presentations from Pathology house staff, graduate students and trainees. The largest and most robust event yet featured 18 oral presentations by Pathology residents, fellows, and Ph.D. students and a juried poster presentation in Flaum Atrium with a total of 48 research projects on display.
Poster topics ranged from osteoarthritis and obesity to the regulation of maturation of embryonic erythroid cells as scientists presented their findings to an audience of peers and mentors alike.
This year's keynote speech was given by Scott J. Rodig, M.D., Ph.D., associate professor of pathology at Harvard Medical School's Brigham and Women's Hospital presented, “Novel Tissue-based Biomarkers to Guide Immunotherapy.”
The day-long showcase was followed by an awards dinner recognizing all departing residents and fellows. Special awards included the following:
Department Faculty Awards
- First Place, Oral Presentation, Nisha Patel, DO
- Second Place, Oral Presentation, Dr. Shana Straub, MD
- Third Place, Oral Presentation, Dr. Chad Hudson, MD, Ph.D.
- Chief Resident Recognition, Dr. Diana Agostini-Vulaj, DO
- Associate Chief Resident Recognition, Dr. Sapna Patel, MD
Graduate Program Awards
- Academic Excellence Award, Cynthia Tang
- Outstanding Research Publication Award, Allison Li
- Outstanding Contribution, Zachary Murphy, MS
- Travel Awards, Irina Lerman, MS, Eric Schott, MS, Melissa Glasner, Chao Xue, MS