College of The Holy Cross,
Worcester, MA A.B. 1974 Chemistry/Biology
Boston University Boston, MA 1978 M.D.
Erasmus UniversiteitRotterdam, The Netherlands 1991 Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School Clinical Fellow in Radiology 1979-1982
Children's Hospital Medical Center, Boston, MA Fellow Pediatric Radiology 1983-1985
RESEARCH AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Current Position 2009 - Vice Chair, Dept ofImaging Sciences,, URMC ; Radiologist-in-Chief, GCH@S, Rochester, New York
2000-2008 – Professor and Chair, Radiology, UMC Nijmegen, the Netherlands
1996-2000 Attending Pediatric Radiologist, Boston Medical Center
1988-1995 Director, Pediatric Radiology, MGH, Boston, MA
1995-1996 Director, Pediatric Radiology, UM/Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami FL
Fellow, (FACR) American College of Radiology 2000
Fellow, (FAAP) American Academy of Pediatrics 1990
1997 Medical Student Research Scholarship RSNA
Editor's Recognition award Radiology/AJR/Radiographics numerous times
1989, 2000 Teacher of the Year
Publications (Last 3 years):
1. NIDCAP improves brain function and structure in preterm infants with severe intrauterine growth restriction. Als H, Duffy FH, McAnulty G Butler SC, Lightbody L, Kosta S, Weisenfeld NI, Robertson R, Parad RB, Ringer SA, Blickman, JG, Zurakowski D, Warfield SK. J. Perinatol 2012 Feb 2, doi:P 10 1038/jb 2011.201
2. ESPR uroradiology task force and ESUR paediatric working group: imaging recommendations in paediatric uroradiology, part IV: Minutes of the ESPR uroradiology task force mini-symposium on imaging in childhood renal hypertension and imaging of renal trauma in children. Riccabona M, Lobo ML, Papadopoulou F, Avni FE, Blickman JG, Dacher JN, Damasio B, Darge K, Ording-Muller LS, Viver PH, Willi U. Pediatr Radiol. 2011 July; 41 (7):939-44. Epub 2011 Jun 28
3. European Journal of Radiology, Editorial Blickman JG Eu J Radiol. 2011 Jan; 77 (1):1.
4. Hepatobiliary and pancreatic imaging in children-techniques and an overview of non-neoplastic disease entities. Nievelstein RA, Robben SG, Blickman JG Pediatr Radiol. 2011 Jan; 41(1):55-75 Epub 2010 Oct 22 Review.
5. Is the Newborn Individualized Developmental Care and Assessment Program (NIDCAP) effective for preterm infants with intrauterine growth restriction? Als H, Duffy FH, McAnulty GB, Fischer CB, Kosta S, Butler SC, Parad RB, Blickman JG, Zurakowski D, Ringer SA.
J. Perinatol. 2011 Feb;31(2):130-6. Epub 2010 Jul 22.
20 Additional publications 2009-2010