"Calmodulin" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A heat-stable, low-molecular-weight activator protein found mainly in the brain and heart. The binding of calcium ions to this protein allows this protein to bind to cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases and to adenyl cyclase with subsequent activation. Thereby this protein modulates cyclic AMP and cyclic GMP levels.
- Calcium-Dependent Regulator
- Calcium Dependent Regulator
- Calcium-Dependent Activator Protein
- Activator Protein, Calcium-Dependent
- Calcium Dependent Activator Protein
- Protein, Calcium-Dependent Activator
- Phosphodiesterase Protein Activator
- Activator, Phosphodiesterase Protein
- Protein Activator, Phosphodiesterase
- Phosphodiesterase Activating Factor
- Activating Factor, Phosphodiesterase
- Factor, Phosphodiesterase Activating
- Phosphodiesterase Activator Protein
- Activator Protein, Phosphodiesterase
- Protein, Phosphodiesterase Activator
- Regulator, Calcium-Dependent
- Regulator, Calcium Dependent
Cyclic AMP-Phosphodiesterase Activator
- Cyclic AMP-Phosphodiesterase Activator
- AMP-Phosphodiesterase Activator, Cyclic
- Activator, Cyclic AMP-Phosphodiesterase
- Cyclic AMP Phosphodiesterase Activator
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Calmodulin".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Calmodulin".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Calmodulin" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Calmodulin" was a major or minor topic of these publication.