"1-Alkyl-2-acetylglycerophosphocholine Esterase" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A lipoprotein-associated PHOSPHOLIPASE A2 which modulates the action of PLATELET ACTIVATING FACTOR by hydrolyzing the SN-2 ester bond to yield the biologically inactive lyso-platelet-activating factor. It has specificity for phospholipid substrates with short-chain residues at the SN-2 position, but inactive against long-chain phospholipids. Deficiency in this enzyme is associated with many diseases including ASTHMA, and HYPERCHOLESTEROLEMIA.
- 1-Alkyl-2-acetylglycerophosphocholine Esterase
- 1 Alkyl 2 acetylglycerophosphocholine Esterase
- Esterase, 1-Alkyl-2-acetylglycerophosphocholine
- PAF 2-Acetylhydrolase
- 2-Acetylhydrolase, PAF
- PAF 2 Acetylhydrolase
- PAF 2-Acylhydrolase
- PAF 2 Acylhydrolase
- PAF Acetylhydrolase II
- Acetylhydrolase II, PAF
- Platelet-Activating Factor Hydrolase
- Factor Hydrolase, Platelet-Activating
- Hydrolase, Platelet-Activating Factor
- Platelet Activating Factor Hydrolase
- Lipoprotein-Associated Phospholipase A(2)
- Lipoprotein-Associated Phospholipase A2
- Lipoprotein Associated Phospholipase A2
- Phospholipase A2, Lipoprotein-Associated
- Lp PLA2
- PAF Acetylhydrolase
- Acetylhydrolase, PAF
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "1-Alkyl-2-acetylglycerophosphocholine Esterase".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "1-Alkyl-2-acetylglycerophosphocholine Esterase".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "1-Alkyl-2-acetylglycerophosphocholine Esterase" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "1-Alkyl-2-acetylglycerophosphocholine Esterase" was a major or minor topic of these publication.