Malformations of Cortical Development
"Malformations of Cortical Development" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Abnormalities in the development of the CEREBRAL CORTEX. These include malformations arising from abnormal neuronal CELL PROLIFERATION or APOPTOSIS; abnormal neuronal migration; and abnormal establishment of cortical organization via neurite extension, synaptogenesis, or neuronal maturation. As well as mutations effecting these developmental processes directly, there are a variety of inborn metabolic errors, such as PEROXISOMAL DISORDERS and mitochondrial and pyruvate metabolic disorders which effect them secondarily and also exhibit these malformations. They are common causes of EPILEPSY and developmental delay and are often a component of multiple congenital anomalies.
|Malformations of Cortical Development
- Malformations of Cortical Development
- Cortical Development Malformation
- Cortical Development Malformations
- Development Malformation, Cortical
- Development Malformations, Cortical
- Malformations of Cerebral Cortex Development
- Cortical Dysplasia
- Cortical Dysplasias
- Dysplasia, Cortical
- Dysplasias, Cortical
- Cortical Dysplasia, Cerebral
- Cerebral Cortical Dysplasias
- Cortical Dysplasias, Cerebral
- Dysplasia, Cerebral Cortical
- Dysplasias, Cerebral Cortical
- Cerebral Cortical Dysplasia
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Malformations of Cortical Development".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Malformations of Cortical Development".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Malformations of Cortical Development" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Malformations of Cortical Development" was a major or minor topic of these publication.