"Amblyopia" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A nonspecific term referring to impaired vision. Major subcategories include stimulus deprivation-induced amblyopia and toxic amblyopia. Stimulus deprivation-induced amblyopia is a developmental disorder of the visual cortex. A discrepancy between visual information received by the visual cortex from each eye results in abnormal cortical development. STRABISMUS and REFRACTIVE ERRORS may cause this condition. Toxic amblyopia is a disorder of the OPTIC NERVE which is associated with ALCOHOLISM, tobacco SMOKING, and other toxins and as an adverse effect of the use of some medications.
- Lazy Eye
- Eye, Lazy
- Eyes, Lazy
- Lazy Eyes
- Anisometropic Amblyopia
- Amblyopia, Anisometropic
- Amblyopias, Anisometropic
- Anisometropic Amblyopias
- Amblyopia, Developmental
- Amblyopias, Developmental
- Developmental Amblyopia
- Developmental Amblyopias
- Amblyopia, Suppression
- Amblyopias, Suppression
- Suppression Amblyopia
- Suppression Amblyopias
- Stimulus Deprivation-Induced Amblyopia
- Stimulus Deprivation Induced Amblyopia
- Amblyopia, Stimulus Deprivation-Induced
- Amblyopia, Stimulus Deprivation Induced
- Amblyopias, Stimulus Deprivation-Induced
- Deprivation-Induced Amblyopia, Stimulus
- Deprivation-Induced Amblyopias, Stimulus
- Stimulus Deprivation-Induced Amblyopias
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Amblyopia".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Amblyopia".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Amblyopia" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Amblyopia" was a major or minor topic of these publication.