"Receptors, Somatostatin" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Cell surface proteins that bind somatostatin and trigger intracellular changes which influence the behavior of cells. Somatostatin is a hypothalamic hormone, a pancreatic hormone, and a central and peripheral neurotransmitter. Activated somatostatin receptors on pituitary cells inhibit the release of growth hormone; those on endocrine and gastrointestinal cells regulate the absorption and utilization of nutrients; and those on neurons mediate somatostatin's role as a neurotransmitter.
- Receptors, Somatostatin
- Somatostatin Receptors
- SRIH Receptors
- Receptors, Somatotropin Release Inhibiting Hormone
- Receptors, SRIH
- Somatostatin Receptor
- Receptor, Somatostatin
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, Somatostatin".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, G-Protein-Coupled [D12.776.543.750.100]
- Receptors, Somatostatin [D12.776.543.750.100.850]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.720.600]
- Receptors, Somatostatin [D12.776.543.750.720.600.760]
- Receptors, Peptide [D12.776.543.750.750]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.750.555]
- Receptors, Somatostatin [D12.776.543.750.750.555.760]
- Receptors, Pancreatic Hormone [D12.776.543.750.750.580]
- Receptors, Somatostatin [D12.776.543.750.750.580.720]
- Receptors, Pituitary Hormone-Regulating Hormone [D12.776.543.750.750.700]
- Receptors, Somatostatin [D12.776.543.750.750.700.800]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, Somatostatin".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, Somatostatin" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Receptors, Somatostatin" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
People who have written about this concept.
Top journals in which articles about this concept have been published.