"Antigens, CD40" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily with specificity for CD40 LIGAND. It is found on mature B-LYMPHOCYTES and some EPITHELIAL CELLS, lymphoid DENDRITIC CELLS. Evidence suggests that CD40-dependent activation of B-cells is important for generation of memory B-cells within the germinal centers. Mutations of the gene for CD40 antigen result in HYPER-IGM IMMUNODEFICIENCY SYNDROME, TYPE 3. Signaling of the receptor occurs through its association with TNF RECEPTOR-ASSOCIATED FACTORS.
- Antigens, CD40
- CD40 Antigens
- TNFRSF5 Receptor
- Receptor, TNFRSF5
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor Superfamily, Member 5
- CD40 Antigen
- Antigen, CD40
- CDw40 Antigen
- Antigen, CDw40
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Antigens, CD40".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, Immunologic [D12.776.543.750.705]
- Receptors, Cytokine [D12.776.543.750.705.852]
- Receptors, Tumor Necrosis Factor [D12.776.543.750.705.852.760]
- Antigens, CD40 [D12.776.543.750.705.852.760.097]
- Biological Factors [D23]
- Antigens [D23.050]
- Antigens, Surface [D23.050.301]
- Antigens, Differentiation [D23.050.301.264]
- Antigens, CD [D23.050.301.264.035]
- Antigens, CD40 [D23.050.301.264.035.140]
- Antigens, Differentiation, B-Lymphocyte [D23.050.301.264.051]
- Antigens, CD40 [D23.050.301.264.051.140]
- Biological Markers [D23.101]
- Antigens, Differentiation [D23.101.100]
- Antigens, CD [D18.104.22.168]
- Antigens, CD40 [D22.214.171.124.140]
- Antigens, Differentiation, B-Lymphocyte [D126.96.36.199]
- Antigens, CD40 [D188.8.131.52.140]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Antigens, CD40".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Antigens, CD40" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Antigens, CD40" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
People who have written about this concept.
Top journals in which articles about this concept have been published.