Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
"Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An X-linked recessive muscle disease caused by an inability to synthesize DYSTROPHIN, which is involved with maintaining the integrity of the sarcolemma. Muscle fibers undergo a process that features degeneration and regeneration. Clinical manifestations include proximal weakness in the first few years of life, pseudohypertrophy, cardiomyopathy (see MYOCARDIAL DISEASES), and an increased incidence of impaired mentation. Becker muscular dystrophy is a closely related condition featuring a later onset of disease (usually adolescence) and a slowly progressive course. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1415)
|Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
- Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
- Childhood Pseudohypertrophic Muscular Dystrophy
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Dystrophy, Duchenne Muscular
- Duchenne-Type Progressive Muscular Dystrophy
- Duchenne Type Progressive Muscular Dystrophy
- Muscular Dystrophy, Pseudohypertrophic Progressive, Duchenne Type
- Muscular Dystrophy, Pseudohypertrophic
- Dystrophies, Pseudohypertrophic Muscular
- Dystrophy, Pseudohypertrophic Muscular
- Muscular Dystrophies, Pseudohypertrophic
- Pseudohypertrophic Muscular Dystrophies
- Pseudohypertrophic Muscular Dystrophy
- Muscular Dystrophy, Pseudohypertrophic, Childhood
- Progressive Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne Type
- Pseudohypertrophic Childhood Muscular Dystrophy
- Pseudohypertrophic Muscular Dystrophy, Childhood
- Childhood Muscular Dystrophy, Pseudohypertrophic
- Muscular Dystrophy, Childhood, Pseudohypertrophic
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne".
- Diseases [C]
- Musculoskeletal Diseases [C05]
- Muscular Diseases [C05.651]
- Muscular Disorders, Atrophic [C05.651.534]
- Muscular Dystrophies [C05.651.534.500]
- Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne [C05.651.534.500.300]
- Nervous System Diseases [C10]
- Neuromuscular Diseases [C10.668]
- Muscular Diseases [C10.668.491]
- Muscular Disorders, Atrophic [C10.668.491.175]
- Muscular Dystrophies [C10.668.491.175.500]
- Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne [C10.668.491.175.500.300]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Genetic Diseases, X-Linked [C16.320.322]
- Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne [C16.320.322.562]
- Muscular Dystrophies [C16.320.577]
- Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne [C16.320.577.300]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
People who have written about this concept.
Top journals in which articles about this concept have been published.