Many mobile phones these days work great for recording video. Whatever camera you use, here are a few things to keep in mind while you are filming. Don't forget to check the audio levels and make sure you can hear everyone clearly!
Shots and Angles
- Frame your subject wisely. Guide the user's focus.
- You can use a tripod to keep the camera steady.
- Explore different shots. Notice the effect they have on the scene.
- If you are using a smartphone, make sure you are holding the phone in the same way for every scene (horizontally is probably best).
- Make sure you can see everything clearly.
- You can alter the lighting to reflect the mood of the scene.
- Check out this site to see the effect of different types of lighting.
- Bring in additional lights if necessary.
- Utilize natural lighting when possible.