How to Apply
We accept applications to the Master of Science Program in Marriage and Family Therapy throughout the calendar year for enrollment beginning in the Fall semester only. The number of applicants that we accept each year is limited, so we highly recommend applicants begin the application process as early as possible.
University of Rochester's Master's Application Timeline
For Admission to Fall 2018 Semester:
May 1: Final Deadline for application completion, ongoing application review, interview dates and final consideration
May 31: Offer of admission notices mailed
June 15: Responses due for Offer of Admission
August (TBA): New student Orientation
August 30: Fall semester begins
*A complete application includes:
- Online application
- Statement of Purpose
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Official transcript(s)
- Official test scores (Institution code: 2948)
- TOEFL (applicants whose native language is not English)
- Application Fee: $60.00
- Research papers, publications, other original works, as well as CVs and resumes, may also be submitted for consideration but are not required.
- Completed Interviews with three (3) program faculty
- Our Program participates in 2 university-wide interview days as well as conducts Individual Interviews as applications are completed.
All interviews are by invitation only.
It is preferred that all application materials (with the exception of official score reports) be scanned and uploaded in to your online application. However, should you need to mail something related to your application, you may do so at the address below.
Graduate Education & Postdoctoral Affairs
University of Rochester
School of Medicine & Dentistry
601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 316-A
Rochester, NY 14642-8316
Destination Phone Number: 585) 275-4522
More detailed directions on applying are provided from the below links from the University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry:
Correspondence and Further Information
Please feel free to contact the Family Therapy Program directly with any questions.
You may also contact the Office for Graduate Education & Postdoctoral Affairs at any point for assistance (email: email@example.com).