Begins: January 18, 2017
Ends: April 27, 2017
- Please see the Spring Course listing for the Masters Program for more Course Offerings available. Post-degree courses are offered in conjunction with courses in the MS Program in Family Therapy
- Prerequisites must be met and registrations must be approved by the course Instructor.
back to top
- Non-Matriculated: $1538/per credit hour (3.0 credit hours X $1538 = $4,614.00)
- Audit: $176.00 (per credit hour) Permission from Professor
- Certain PDC courses have flat course fees, rather than per credit hr tuition fees. These courses will note the flat fee in the course descriptions.
Registration and More Information
- Registration Deadline for the Spring Semester is January 3, 2017.
Please submit all registration materials to the Training Program Secretary by December 21, 2016 to ensure we can process all registrations before the January 6th, 2017 deadline. Please Note: Registrations received after this date are subject to a $150 late fee by the URMC Registrar.
- Many courses run over a two semester period, and students must register for both the fall and spring semesters separately.
- For more information or to have registration materials sent to you, please contact:
- Diana R. Julian, Program Coordinator/Secretary
University of Rochester
Psychiatry Dept. / Box: F & M
300 Crittenden Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14642
Post-Degree Certificate Spring 2017 Course Descriptions
This course is open to group clinicians who are currently leading or plan to lead treatment groups with psychiatric patients. Participants are expected to present clinical case material on a regular basis. Topics that will be covered include how to start a group, designing the group contract and treatment goals, working through group developmental stages, and treatment resistances. The course instructor is a Certified Group Psychotherapist, and class hours can be credited toward the 75-hour group supervision/consultation requirement of the National Registry of Certified Group Psychotherapists.
Instructor: Sherrie Smith, LCSW, CGP
Dates: Tuesdays, January 2017
Time: 8:00-9:30 am
Location: Science Parkway
back to top
PSI 426 - CRN 82321 (3.0 credit hours)
Course Fee: Non-Matriculated $1,538.00 (per credit hour)
The Integrated Mind-Body Practices course is designed to meet the learning needs of advanced trainees who are interested in the developing medical family therapy practice skills with particular focus on somatizing patients. The course focuses on the treatment of somatoform disorders within a small group and live supervision learning environment. Course materials and readings are integrated into a skills based approach that covers the essentials of medical family therapy.
Instructor: William H. Watson, Ph.D.
Wednesdays, 2:00-4:00 pm
Jan. 18, 25
Feb. 1, 8, 15
Mar. 1, 15, 22, 29
Apr. 5, 12, 26
Location: Lyman C. Wynne Conference Room (G-9118)
back to top
Group Therapy Group Supervision
PSI 459 - CRN 75880 (2.0 credit hours)
Course Fee: $1500/semester plus University of Rochester tuition
This course is available to group clinicians who are currently leading treatment groups. Participants present case and videotaped material of groups they facilitate in their practice. Group therapy is a unique medium for therapy, and specialized supervision and training related to group process is a requirement for certification. The course instructor is a Certified Group Psychotherapist, and class hours can be credited toward the 75-hour group supervision requirement of the National Registry of Certified Group Psychotherapists.
Instructor: Hope Quallo, CGP
Dates: Mondays, 2:00 pm - January 2017
Location: Strong Ties
back to top