Lectures and Event Videos
Meliora Weekend 2017
State of the School Address
- Mark B. Taubman, M.D. – "State of School Address"
Dean, School of Medicine & Dentistry - Department of Dean's Office (SMD), Professor - Department of Medicine, Cardiology (SMD), CEO, University of Rochester Medical Center- Department of Office of VP for Health Sciences (URMC)
Distinguished Alumnus Lecture
Heritage Trail Presentation
- Ruth A. Lawrence, ‘49M (MD), ‘58M (Res) – "Heritage Trail Presentation."
Northumberland Trust Professorship in Pediatrics - Department of Pediatrics (SMD), Professor - Department of Pediatrics, Neonatology (SMD)
Meliora Weekend 2016
- Krystel Huxlin, Ph.D. - "Fighting to Rehabilitate Vision After Stroke"
James V. Aquavella, MD Professorship in Ophthalmology; Professor, Dept. of Ophthalmology, Neurology, Brain/Cognitive Sciences, and Center for Visual Science at URMC
- Ray Dorsey, M.D.,- "Future of Telehealth"
Director, Center for Human Experimental Therapeutics; David M. Levy Professorship in Neurology; Professor, Dept. of Neurology, Center for Human Experimental Therapeutics at URMC
- Richard Moore, M.D. - "Ovarian Cancer Risk Assessment"
Professor, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology at URMC
Distinguished Alumnus Lecture:
Meliora Weekend 2015
- Jack Rowe ’70M (MD), ’02 (Hnr) - “Beyond the Beltway: Health Care System Transformation (or not).”
- Judith F. Baumhauer, MD ’09M (MPH) & David Mitten ’88, ’92M (MD), ’97M (Res) - “UR VOICE: Giving Patients a Voice in their Healthcare.”
- Web Pilcher ’83M (MD), ’83M (PhD), ’89M (Res) & Brad Mahon, PhD - “Unlocking the Mysteries of the Brain.”
Celebrating the Life, Legacy and Memory of Jules Cohen '53, '57M (MD), '59M (Res), '66M (Flw), professor emeritus of Medicine (Cardiology), whose career as a physician, educator, researcher, and administrator at the School of Medicine and Dentistry spanned more than 60 years.
"The Creative Destruction of Medicine: How the Digital Revolution Will Create Better Health Care." Dr. Eric Topol '79M (MD), is Director, Scripps Translational Science Institute; Chief Academic Officer, Scripps Health; Professor of Genomics, The Scripps Research Institute.
"The Patient-Centered Medical Home: What Would George Engel Say?" Dr. Marc Berliant, '81M (Res), is Associate Chair for Clinical Affairs Chief, General Medicine Division and Raymond J. Mayewski Professor of Medicine at the University of Rochester Medical Center.
"Academic and Business Careers in Biomedical Research." Dr. Sutherland '66M (PhD) is the Senior Investment Office at the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research in Toronto, Canada.
Please note that the lectures are best viewed on a PC using Internet Explorer. Mac users will need to download the Silverlight plug-in to view the lecture.