Class Agent Program
The Class Agent Program is comprised of a committed and loyal group of alumni who represent their individual class years. Class Agents are School of Medicine ambassadors, charged with helping to build a strong connection between alumni, classmates, and their medical school.
Class Agents are some of our most valuable volunteers. Job requirements are simple: a minimal time commitment and the interest to keep in touch with your classmates and friends. Being a class agent is a great way to remain involved after graduation and you can be as active as your schedule will allow.
What does a Class Agent do?
The program is designed to help classmates stay connected and maintain relationships with one another and with the School of Medicine and Dentistry. Class Agents work with the Alumni Office to:
- Communicate on a regular basis with classmates; either via letter, e-mail, or social networking Web sites.
- Reach out to classmates to collect e-mail addresses and updated contact information.
- Locate “lost” members of their class.
- Collect news for the Class Notes section of the Rochester Medicine Magazine. This includes marriages, births, class members' achievements and honors earned. This is a great way for people to stay caught up across the miles and across the years.
- Keep classmates up-to-date on School of Medicine events and news.
- Encourage and increase participation in alumni activities (regional events, Alumni Weekend, Rochester Alumni Exchange, etc…) A personal invitation from a classmate goes a long way!
- Brainstorm additional ways to keep your class connected. Many class agents create newsletters for their classes, create class Facebook pages, collect photos for an online slideshow, etc…
- Serve as a member of the reunion planning committee in your reunion year.
- Promote class participation in annual giving and reunion class giving.
Many classes are still without a class agent. Contact the Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations at 800-333-4428 or send an email to email@example.com if you're interested in becoming a class agent.
'Thanks a Billion!' The Meliora Challenge Passes $1 Billion Milestone
$2 Million Gift to Support Geriatric Fracture Care and Orthopaedic Research
Golisano Children’s Hospital NICU Receives Naming Gift from Gosnells