The St. James Hospital Auxiliary provides financial support for St. James Hospital, promotes healthcare education and advocacy in the community, encourages volunteerism in support of St. James Hospital, and promotes and advances the image of St. James Hospital and the health services it provides.
The St. James Hospital Auxiliary was established in 1904 with the purpose of addressing hospital needs. Over the years, the Auxiliary has supported the hospital through major contributions to projects including the Child Day Care Center, the Sister Rene Dental Clinic, the Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit, various construction and renovations projects, and numerous equipment purchases.
Aquinas Gift Shop
The Aquinas Gift Shop, established in 1952, is operated by the Auxiliary. It is located in the St. James Hospital lobby. Proceeds from the gift shop helps the Auxiliary in funding its many projects.
- Gift Shops operation
- Holiday Bazaar
- Food Festival
- Tree of Life holiday project
- Legislative advocacy, healthcare and budgetary issues
- Volunteering in the hospital
- Conferences with area auxiliaries
Membership is open to anyone wishing to be of service to St. James Hospital, regardless of race, religion or gender. Regular attendance at meetings is encouraged but not mandatory. Many members choose to volunteer at the hospital.
If you are interested in joining the Auxiliary or would like more information, please contact Linda Blauers, St. James Hospital Foundation Director, at (607) 324-8146 or email@example.com.
Auxiliary meetings are held the second Tuesday of the month from September through June. Some meetings are luncheons while others are business meetings with speakers. Special meetings include the annual Auxiliary Appreciation luncheon, in June.
The Executive Council and Gift Shop Committee meet monthly for planning activities and evaluating operations.
St. James Hospital Auxiliary
Aquinas Gift Shop
411 Canisteo Street
Hornell, NY 14843
( 607) 324-8240 or (607) 324-8749