Welcome to the Gene Targeting and Transgenic Core
Currently, the Gene Targeting and Transgenic Core's services include the production of mouse models using DNA microinjection and embryonic stem cell injection (from gene targeting in mouse ES cells to production of chimeric mice) methodologies. Additional services have included: various analytical techniques, embryo cryopreservation, rederivation of pathogen-free rodents, and assisted reproduction techniques (e.g., in vitro fertilization [IVF], superovulation, and embryo transfer). Specific strains, and alternative species and methods are considered when appropriate for individual research applications.
The mission of the Gene Targeting and Transgenic Core is to provide expertise and assistance in the development and production of genetically engineered animal models of human disease, in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Executive Committee for Transgenic Resource Laboratory
The following faculty members have been invited to serve on the Executive Committee for this Shared Resource Laboratory:
- Joe Miano, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute
- Hartmut Land, Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Biomedical Genetics
- Catherine Ovitt, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Center for Oral Biology
- Eric Small, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute
- Charles Thornton, M.D., Professor, Neurology
CRISPR is here!
We are beginning to offer CRISPR services in our facility. Learn more about the CRISPR technology here!