- The University of Rochester Medical Center is an integrated academic health center that comprises The School of Medicine and Dentistry, including its faculty practice (University of Rochester Medical Faculty Group); Strong Memorial Hospital; Highland Hospital; Golisano Children's Hospital; James P. Wilmot Cancer Center; School of Nursing; Eastman Dental Center; Visiting Nurse Service; Highlands at Pittsford; and Highlands at Brighton.
- The Medical Center has an overall budget of almost $2 billion.
- The Medical Center has an integrated administrative structure led by Medical Center CEO Brad Berk, MD, PhD, an integrated budget, and a integrated strategic plan.
- The main campus of the University of Rochester Medical Center covers over 4.4 million sq. feet of space. Strong Memorial Hospital covers 1.6 million sq. feet, the School of Medicine 2.1 million sq. feet, and the School of Nursing and the Eastman Dental Center about 100,000 sq. feet each.
- The faculty of the School of Medicine and Denstistry consists of approximately 1,400 full-time faculty members and 650 voluntary clinical faculty members organized into 32 departments and centers.
- Research faculty have attracted external funding totaling approximately $300 million during the last fiscal year.
- We have achieved top-15 rankings in NIH funding in biochemistry, microbiology and immunology, neurology, obstetrics and gynecology, oral biology, and musculoskeletal research.
- Our student rosters include approximately 400 medical students, 550 graduate students, and 600 residents and fellows.
- The motto of the University of Rochester, Meliora ("ever better"), symbolizes the continuous change and improvement that have defined the University since its founding in 1850.