Hongyue Wang, PhDResearch Assistant Professor of Biostatistics
Ph.D. (2007) University of Rochester
My research interests lie in longitudinal data analysis, survival analysis, and design and analysis of clinical trials. I’m also interested in modeling right skewed data with inverse Gaussian distribution due to its striking similarities to Gaussian distribution in case of various properties and inference procedures. Most of my collaborative work is with investigators in the Department of Pediatrics and Heart Research Unit on monitoring and analysis of multicenter clinical trials. I am also a biostatistician in the Eastman Dental Center and the General Clinical Research Center at URMC.
I received my M.A. and Ph.D. in Statistics from University of Rochester. I am a member of the American Statistical Association and the International Biometric Society.
- Mudholkar, G. S. and Wang, H. (2008). R-Symmetry and the Power Functions of the Tests for Inverse Gaussian Means. Communication in Statistics, Theory meth. (In Press).
- Lande, M, Meagher, C., Fisher, S., Belani, P, Wang, H., Rashid, M. (2008). Left ventricular mass index in children with white coat hypertension. Journal of Pediatrics. 153: 50-54.
- Goldberg, I., Vyas, A.K., Hall, W.J., Moss, A.J., Wang, H., He, H., Zareba, W., McNitt, S., Andrews, M.L. (2008). Risk Stratification of MADIT-II Patients for Predicting Cardiac Death and ICD Benefit. J Am Coll Cardiol. 51:288-296.
- Caserta, M., O’Connor, T., Wyman, P., Wang, H., Moynihan, J., Cross, W., Tu, X., and Jin, X.(2008). The Associations between Psychosocial Stress and the Frequency of Illness, and Innate and Adaptive Immune Function in Children. Brain, Behavior and Immunity. 22: 933-940.
- Mudholkar, G. S., Wang, H. and Natarajan, R. (2007). The G-IG Analogies and Robust Tests for Inverse Gaussian Scale Parameters. International Conference on Mathematical and Statistical Modeling. (In press).
- Mudholkar, G. S. and Wang, H. (2007). IG-symmetry and R-symmetry: Interrelations and Applications to the Inverse Gaussian Theory. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 137:3655-3671.
- Zwanziger, J., Hall, W. J., Dick, A. W., Zhao, H., Mushlin, A. I., Hahn, R. M., Wang, H., Andrews, M. L., Mooney, C., Wang, H., Moss, A. J. (2006). The Cost Effectiveness of Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators: Results from the Multicenter Automatic Defibrillator Implantation Trial (MADIT)-II. J Am Coll Cardiol 47: 2310-2318.
- Singh, J.P., Hall, W.J., McNitt, S., Wang, H., Daubert, J.P., Zareba, W., Ruskin, J.N., and Moss, A.J. (2005). Factors Influencing Appropriate Firing of the Implanted Defibrillator for Ventricular Tachycardia/Fibrillation. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 46, 1712-1720.