URMC Cardiology is the region’s leader in cardiology care, research and training.
We are part of the URMC Heart & Vascular Center, which includes Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, and Vascular Surgery. Our Heart & Vascular Center delivers comprehensive care to each patient. Our team of national experts delivers the most advanced technology to each one of our patients.
- We have more cardiologists than any other center in the area. Many of our specialists are national or international leaders in their fields.
- We provide personal attention and access that is not possible at heart centers in major metropolitan areas.
- Our rapid treatment of heart attacks is among the fastest in the nation.
- Our expertise in heart rhythm disorders brings patient here from all over the world.
- We are one of the nation’s leaders in the development of Ventricular Assist Devices (VADs) for the treatment of heart failure.
- We have the region’s only Atrial Fibrillation Center, where we provide advanced treatments that can often cure atrial fibrillation permanently.
- Our Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute is inventing new therapies to treat diseases such as stroke, atherosclerosis and heart attack.
- Our research in heart rhythm disorders, heart failure and sudden cardiac death has changed the way patients are treated around the world.
- Other area hospitals often refer their most challenging cardiac surgery cases to us.
- Learn more about our awards and recognition.
US News & World Report Ranks URMC Hospital #1
Strong Memorial Hospital is the #1 hospital in the region, shining in 11 specialties.