Many of the most advanced treatments for heart disease no longer require a large incision. These state-of-the-art procedures are performed with thin catheters that are inserted through blood vessels to open up clogged arteries, repair defects and prolong life.
URMC Interventional Cardiology Group leads the region in providing the most advanced minimally invasive procedures for the treatment of heart disease.
- Our cardiologists specialize in the newest and most effective treatments of cardiovascular disease.
- The treatments we provide do not require large incisions, and patients are often up and walking just hours after the procedure.
- Our rapid treatment of heart attacks is among the fastest in the nation: our door-to-balloon times place us in the top 10% of all hospitals in the USA.
- We have four fully equipped catheterization labs that are staffed by dedicated nurses and technicians.
- We provide a team approach to your care by working closely with other URMC surgeons who specialize in heart and vascular care.
- We offer many advanced procedures that are not available anywhere else in the region.
- Our cardiac catheterization laboratory is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Treatments we provide
- Coronary artery stents and angioplasty.
- Peripheral artery stents and angioplasty.
- Radial artery approach for stents and angioplasty.
- Percutaneous closure of ASDs and PFOs.
- Percutaneous mitral valvuloplasty and aortic valvuloplasty.
- Alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Percutaneous left ventricular assist device.
- Endomyocardial biopsies.
- Right heart catheterizations.
Who to contact
Are you concerned about heart disease? Would you like to know more about the URMC Interventional Cardiology Group? Then please contact us at (585) 275-6161.
US News & World Report Ranks URMC Hospital #1
Strong Memorial Hospital is the #1 hospital in the region, shining in 11 specialties.