If your doctor thinks you may have heart disease, the first step is often some kind of cardiac imaging.
There are many different types of cardiac imaging. Your cardiologist uses them to help diagnose your disease and then define the most effective treatment for you.
URMC Cardiology offers the widest range of cardiac imaging services and the most advanced technology in the region.
- CT angiography is a non-invasive test that provides a three-dimensional view of the heart and its arteries to help in the diagnosis of coronary artery disease.
- Myocardial perfusion imaging helps to identify patients who may be at an increased risk of a heart attack and who may need an angiography or heart surgery.
- Cardiac MRI uses a strong magnetic field and radio waves to produce detailed images of your heart to help determine the cause of heart disease.
- Echocardiograms produce detailed, moving images of your heart using sound waves, in much the same way as an ultrasound produces images of a baby before birth.
- MUGA studies show how well the heart is pumping and how much the heart pumps with each beat.
- Carotid and extremity ultrasound provides pictures of the blood vessels in your neck, arms or legs to determine if there are blockages that could lead to stroke.
- Cardiac catheterization or angiogram provides pictures of your heart and the surrounding blood vessels to detect narrowing or blockages.
- Transesophageal ultrasounds provide moving pictures of the heart with an ultrasound transducer that works from within the patient’s esophagus.
Who to contact
Do you need more information on the region’s most advanced cardiac imaging? Call URMC Cardiology at (585) 275-2475.
US News & World Report Ranks URMC Hospital #1
Strong Memorial Hospital is the #1 hospital in the region, shining in 11 specialties.