Congenital Heart Disease
Years ago, babies born with heart defects often did not survive. But thanks to medical and surgical advances, many people with congenital heart disease now live far into adulthood.
To make sure they stay healthy, though, they need highly specialized care. Fortunately, they can now find that care at the Congenital Heart Disease Progam at URMC.
We are the only program in upstate New York that specializes in adult congenital heart disease.
- We treat patients from age 18 up to 80 and older.
- We work in close collaboration with pediatric cardiologists to provide the special care needed by young adults with congenital heart disease.
- We are able to help you stay healthier, by optimizing medications and assessing you for other problems, like high blood pressure or arrhythmia.
- Our sonographers are specially trained in the imaging of hearts that have congenital defects.
- We work in conjunction with cardiac surgeons to plan for future surgeries, if needed.
- Our involvement in research means we can give patients access to new treatments that may not be available anywhere else.
Who to Contact
Are you an adult with congenital heart disease? Are you interested in getting the highly specialized care you need to stay healthy? Then contact the Congenital Heart Disease Program at URMC.
Please call us at (585) 275-6108.
View this topic in our Health Encyclopedia.