Many people suffer from a heart rhythm problem or arrhythmia. These conditions can range from minor palpitations that cause lightheadedness, to life-threatening disorders like ventricular tachycardia.
The Electrophysiology Laboratory at URMC offers the most advanced treatments available for heart rhythm disorders. In many cases, our treatments can cure an arrhythmia permanently so no further medication is needed.
- We are specialists in the treatment of heart rhythm disorders.
- We offer many treatments that are not available anywhere else in the region.
- Our expertise in heart rhythm disorders brings patient here from all over the world.
- If needed, we can provide you with access to clinical trials that are exploring new methods for treating heart rhythm disorders.
- We have three fully equipped labs for ablation and device implants, staffed by dedicated nurses and technicians.
- Our newest lab provides robotic navigation for radiofrequency ablation, enabling even greater precision, safety and versatility.
- We perform thousands of cases each year.
Treatments we provide
- Atrial fibrillation ablation.
- Implantable cardiac defibrillators.
- Laser extraction of implantable defibrillators.
- Ventricular tachycardia ablation.
- Remote monitoring of heart rhythm disorders.
Who to contact
Do you have symptoms of an arrhythmia? Are you interested in arrhythmia treatments that don’t require long-term medication? Then please contact the URMC Electrophysiology Lab at (585) 275-4775.
US News & World Report Ranks URMC Hospital #1
Strong Memorial Hospital is the #1 hospital in the region, shining in 11 specialties.