Women’s Heart Health
Women experience heart disease in a way that is very different from men.
For example, when women have heart attacks, they often don’t have the same symptoms as men. Women are also more likely to have complications after heart surgery.
The Women’s Heart Program at URMC exists to bring women the highly specialized heart care they need.
- We are experts in providing women with heart care that is focused on their highly specialized needs.
- We are able to help women become involved in clinical trials that are specifically focused on women.
- We offer self-referral and second opinion appointments, so if you have concerns about heart disease or your treatment, you can make an appointment directly.
- We emphasize early detection and prevention because the best way to keep a women’s heart healthy is by avoiding heart disease altogether.
- We play an important role in the development of new treatments for heart disease in women so we can help ensure that you get very latest treatments.
- As women, we are able to provide the understanding that other women need.
Services we provide
- Cardiac health evaluation
- Care for coronary heart disease
- Care for heart rhythm disorders
- Arrhythmia monitoring
- Individualized diet and nutrition plans
- Customized exercise programs
- Vascular surgery
- Varicose vein treatment
Who to contact
Are you a woman who wants to get the very best care for her heart? Then call the Women’s Heart Program at URMC. Call us at (585) 341-7791.
US News & World Report Ranks URMC Hospital #1
Strong Memorial Hospital is the #1 hospital in the region, shining in 11 specialties.