The University of Rochester Medical Center has a wide range of clinical research that is helping to improve patient’s lives. Here are a few of examples of our current research:
- Treatment of long QT syndrome, a rare but deadly heart rhythm disorder.
- Treatment of patients after a heart attack.
- Use of various innovative medications for the treatment of heart disease.
- Use of automatic defibrillators in patients with heart failure.
- Use of cardiac resynchronization therapy in heart failure patients.
The University of Rochester Medical Center is home to the Heart Research Followup Program. The Heart Research Followup Program is the world's leading research group for clinical trials of sudden death. The MADIT Trials have changed the way doctors across the world treat patients at risk for sudden death. Practice guidlines from our MADIT Trials have saved the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients across the world.
One of the greatest benefits of clinical research is that it provides patients with access to the most current medical treatments, often years before they become available at other hospitals.
As the region’s leader in cardiology clinical research, we are helping to provide the best treatments today, while ensuring that even better treatments are available tomorrow.
Many patients at URMC Cardiology gain access to advanced treatments through clinical trials not available elsewhere.
US News & World Report Ranks URMC Hospital #1
Strong Memorial Hospital is the #1 hospital in the region, shining in 11 specialties.