Spirituality & Healing
Current research shows a positive relationship between faith and healing. Some benefits of prayer, meditation, and religious counsel are:
- An increased sense of optimism and hope
- Decreased anxiety and fear
- Decreased depression and quicker recovery from depression
To read about the impact of spirituality, visit these online articles:
- “The Healing Power of Faith” by Harold Koenig, M.D.
- "Spirituality in Cancer Care"
- Reports from the Center for Spirituality, Theology and Health at Duke
Prayers for healing may be found at Beliefnet.com.
For Urgent Needs...
Contact us at
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and ask for the chaplain on call.