Map and Travel Directions to the DWC
The DWC is located in the Department of Psychiatry (also known as Strong Behavioral Health) at Strong Memorial Hospital (University of Rochester Medical Center) in Rochester, NY. Our address is 300 Crittenden Boulevard. (Do not go to Crittenden Road with a GPS device.) We are near the west end of the large Strong Memorial Hospital complex of buildings that lie between Elmwood Avenue and Crittenden Boulevard. The complex begins at the intersection of Elmwood Ave. and Mt. Hope Blvd. in the city of Rochester.
Parking and Entrance Instructions:
- Click on "Parking Areas Map" above to view several choices.
- Do not park in the hospital ramp garage—it's too far away from the DWC.
- Only DWC (and Strong Behavioral Health) patients are allowed to park in the small lot (see tiny green box at bottom, left of map) that is just outside our entrance.
- Other DWC visitors should park in the Saunders Research Building visitors' lot, directly across the street from the "Strong Behavioral Health" sign on Crittenden Blvd. (See the large blue area at bottom, left of the map labeled "Additional Vistor Parking").
- To get to the DWC, walk into the Strong Behavioral Health doorway, turn left in the atrium, and you'll see a large waiting area.
- The Deaf Wellness Center is located on the second floor but we typically will meet first-time patients and visitors in the large waiting area on the ground floor. Otherwise, take the Blue elevators (left turn outside the waiting area) to the second floor (push the "2" button).
- When the elevator doors open, first turn right and then turn left in the hallway. Walk down the hallway until you see a small waiting area - that's the DWC area.
The Greater Rochester International Airport (airport code ROC) is about 3 miles away. There is an Amtrak rail station serving downtown Rochester, about 10 miles away from the DWC. Trailways and Greyhound bus companies also serve downtown Rochester.
Be sure to visit the news area of our website. There, you'll find the latest announcements regarding our clinical, research, and training activities, including new grants, upcoming lectures, and more. The news section is updated at least monthy so bookmark that page and visit often!
Videophone (for voice callers or VP users)
- 585-275-6785 (voice or TTY)
- 585-273-1117 (fax)
300 Crittenden Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14642