Finger Lakes Regional Perinatal Programs
Coder Training Modules are now available and are designed to educate hospital birth coders on the correct coding procedures as mandated by the NYS DOH. You will find these Birth Coding Modules under "Coder Information" on the left side of this site.
WELCOME to the Finger Lakes Regional Perinatal Programs (FLRPP) website.
The FLRPP consists of three primary divisions:
- Obstetrics/Maternal-Fetal Medicine,
- Division of Public Health Sciences.
These three groups work together at the Regional Perinatal Center (RPC, the University of Rochester Medical Center/Strong Memorial Hospital) to fulfill the New York State Department of Health mission regarding:
- Perinatal outreach and OB/Peds quality improvement at the 10 affiliate obstetric hospitals in the Finger Lakes Region
- Management of the regional Perinatal Data System (PDS, the electronic birth certificate database) and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit database (the NICU database)
More detailed descriptions of the work being done in the Finger Lakes Region can be found by navigating through the web site. Included within this website are summaries of regional data, presentations, personnel/ member lists, data release forms, coder information and schedules of future outreach visits.
We hope that you find this website informative and user-friendly; if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns, please contact Dawn Lafferty
Tips for navigating this site:
- If you reach a page with no side bar click the back button on your browser to return to a main page.
- When viewing Powerpoint presentations, there are two options for exiting a slide show: 1. Use your back button to navigate back through the site; 2. Right-click on "End show"