Transitional Care After Your Hospital Stay
The Highlands at Brighton
5901 Lac De Ville Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14618
When you or your loved one needs continued care after a hospitalization, you want peace of mind knowing that there are medical experts and specialty services available to properly continue care for your family member. You want a place that’s connected to the mainstream medical community, a vibrant place, a place with the expertise and experience to address your special care needs.
The Highlands at Brighton is a unique haven, providing more specialty-care services in one location than any other facility in the region. Patients come to The Highlands at Brighton knowing they will receive quality medical care and services.
The specialized facilities and services include:
- Transitional, Post-Acute Care and Rehabilitation Services: specialized services for patients recovering from a variety of acute illnesses or surgery who require extended care or rehabilitation prior to returning home.
- Dementia/ Behavioral Step-Down Care: A secure unit with individualized and group programming designed specifically for patients with dementia, chronic neurobehavioral diseases, and dementia-related illnesses.
- Neurobehavioral Unit: A specialized unit specifically designed for patients with severe neurobehavioral diseases and disorders which offers individualized programs in behavior management on a short-term basis. This is the only unit of its kind in Monroe County.
- Ventilator Unit: A highly-specialized unit designed for patients dependent on ventilators. The unit is staffed with highly skilled professionals who are experts in ventilator care and weaning.
Although The Highlands at Brighton provides a wide variety of transitional and specialty services, our focus is on the needs of the whole patient. Accordingly, we offer a broad range of medical, therapeutic, clinical and personal care services, including:
- Specialized medical staff, i.e. Pulmonary, Psychiatry, Physiatry, Geriatrics
- Full-time Nurse Practitioners on staff
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- 24-hour Respiratory Therapy
- Registered Dietician services
- On-site Pharmacy services
- Podiatry, Dental, Laboratory and X-Ray services
- Social Work/ Discharge Planning services
- Recreational Therapy
- On-site barber/ beautician services
From post-acute recovery services to specialty services for ventilator-dependent patients, behaviorally impaired patients, and patients requiring rehabilitative services, The Highlands at Brighton offers high quality medical and clinical care and treatment in a comfortable, well-staffed setting. Our team of health care professionals and caregivers strives to create an environment of health and healing. Our goal is to provide quality health care in order to achieve the highest level of independence and function possible for our patients.
Daily 11:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m.
Parking lot adjacent
- Post-Acute Care and Rehabilitation Services
- Short-Term Neurobehavioral Unit
- Ventilator Care Unit
- Dementia/ Behavioral Care Unit
- Skilled Nursing Services