Eastman Dental in London

Eastman Dental Institute, November 1930

Eastman Dental London

The Eastman Dental Clinic in London was established through an agreement between Sir Albert Levy, Lord Riddell (chairman of the Royal Free Hospital and prominent newspaperman), and George Eastman.

 

 

 

London Foundation Ceremony

The laying of the cornerstone ceremony was held on April 30, 1929. The stone was placed by his Royal Highness Edward, the Prince of Whales He used a silver and ivory trowel which was then given to Mr. Eastman as a gift.

Dental Nurses Eastman London

In 1931 the Ministry of Health approved the organization of a school for the education of dental hygienists in connection with the London clinic. This was to be the first school of its kind in Europe. This picture was taken in the 1940's.

 

 

 

 

Eastman Dental London Brochure

The clinic was dedicated on November 19, 1930. Present were the Prince of Whales and King Leopold III. The principal address was made by American Ambassador, Honorable Charles Dawes. Dr. Harvey Burkhart was decorated by King Leopold with the Order of Leopold II.

Of Note:

  • Dedication: November 19, 1930
  • First Director: Dr. Clarence L. Endicott
  • Building Architect: Polak and Chandler
  • The London clinic was the only European clinic to be dedicated before Eastman's death

See Also:

Next Clinic: Rome ›