Eastman Dental in Stockholm

Eastman Dental Institute, April, 1936

Eastman Dental Stockholm

The Crown Prince Adolf of Sweden receiving Dr. and Mrs. Burkhart at the laying of the ground stone ceremony, April 29, 1933.  The stone was placed by the Prince of Whales. King Gustav was also present.

Eastman Dental Stockholm

Crown Princess Louise and Crown Prince Adolph arriving for dedication ceremony, April 25, 1936. Approximately 400 guest were present for the event. Due to poor weather conditions, on the advice of his personal physician, King Gustav was unable to attend.

Eastman Dental Stockholm

Attending the dedication ceremony were: (left to right) Wictor Karlsson, representative of the Stockholm Municipality chatting with Swedish Crown Princess Louise and Princess Ingeborg, wife of Prince Carl. Mrs. Harvey Burkhart, Prince Carl, Brother of King Gustav V, Dr. J. Sandblom, Swedish Crown Prince Gustav Adolph chatting with Dr. Burkhart, representative of George Eastman.

Eastman Dental Stockholm

Eastman Dental Stockholm . Front of building facing Dalagtan.

Eastman Dental Stockholm

Eastman Dental Stockholm

The board room.

Eastman Dental Stockholm

Similar to the Rochester Dental Dispensary, Eastman Dental in Stockholm provided training for the education of Dental Hygienists.

Of Note:

  • Foundation Ceremony: April 29, 1933
  • Dedication Ceremony: April 25, 1936
  • Artist: Einar Forseth
  • First Director: Dr. Olof Strandberg
  • In recognition for his work, Dr. Harvey Burkhart was declared a commander of the Royal Order of Vasa by King Gustaf of Sweden
  • Eastman's donation was the largest in the history of Sweden at that time

See Also:

Next Clinic: Paris »