Miner Library supports the RefWorks and EndNote bibliographic citation management programs used to organize references and format bibliographies and manuscripts. These programs allow you to:
• Import citations from many databases, including PubMed, Ovid Medline and CINAHL
• Create personal databases of references
• Format bibliographies and manuscripts using different citation styles
Miner Library, in partnership with the UR River Campus Libraries and Information Technology Services, provides a University-wide subscription to RefWorks. Because RefWorks is web-based, it has unique features:
• Each user creates an individual RefWorks account/personal database to protect data integrity.
• You can access your personal database from any computer connected to the Internet either on campus or off site.
• RefWorks is available at no charge for all UR users. You do not need to purchase any software.
• RefWorks is never out of date. Upgrades are automatic, so you always have access to the most recent version.
• RefWorks is compatible with both PCs and Macs.
• The RefShare module allows you to share references with both UR and non-UR collaborators.
Learn more about RefWorks:
EndNote is a software program that users must install on their computers. UR River Campus Libraries provide a site license that allows University of Rochester employees (including faculty) and students to download this software on work or personal computers at no charge. Both Mac and Windows versions are available. A UR NetID is required to download the software. Users who are not employees of the University can purchase this software at the Computer Store.