MyChart: Your Online Gateway to Your Medical Chart
MyChart, the UR Medicine online patient portal, provides you a way to more actively manage your health care.
Whether you’re maintaining good health or managing a chronic condition, we want to make sure you have your most up-to-date medical information available to you. It’s all part of our pledge to make our patients and their families more active participants in their own care. Using MyChart, you can...
- Easily view your outpatient diagnoses, medications, immunizations, allergies and most lab results.
- Request prescription renewals and appointments online.
- Securely and confidentially communicate with your health care team.
- Electronically request corrections and/or additions to portions of your chart. For example, you can make changes to your medication list, which your doctor will then review and accept into your official medical record at your next visit.
- Complete pre-visit questionnaires, which can then be reviewed by your doctor, and imported right into your official medical record at the time of your visit.
- Grant access to MyChart to other adults (with appropriate consents)
- Access all of your MyCharts from one location, using one user name and password through MyChartCentral.
- Organize all of your personal health information from multiple healthcare institutions into one personal health record, using Lucy. You also can use Lucy to electronically keep all your healthcare providers—from UR Medicine and beyond—up-to-date on your latest health information and test results.
MyChart is offered at no cost to our patients who are seen at one of our outpatient facilities.
How to Sign Up
To sign up for MyChart, you will need an activation code. This code allows you to log on and create your new MyChart user ID and password, which you will then use to log on to MyChart. All patients over age 18 will receive an activation code at the end of each UR Medicine visit, so you can sign up at home when it’s convenient for you.
You also can request an activation code online by visiting mychart.urmc.rochester.edu, or by contacting our MyChart Customer Service Center 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays: 585-275-URMC (8762), 1-888-661-6162. Patients under 18 (and/or their parent/legal guardian) must speak with their doctor in person before signing up for MyChart.
Where Does the Information in MyChart Come From?
MyChart is an "electronic tunnel" into your official electronic health record housed in eRecord, UR Medicine’s state-of-the art integrated electronic health record system. Read more on eRecord.