University of Rochester Medical Center
The University of Rochester Inpatient Pharmacies provide pharmacy services to a majority of patients in Strong Memorial Hospital, Highland Hospital and the Sawgrass Ambulatory Surgical Center. Our facilities specialize in accurate and efficient distribution of medications to a large population of inpatient services and patient care units.
The mission of the Pharmacy Department is to provide safe,
high quality, cost-effective pharmaceutical care for the purpose
of helping to achieve positive patient outcomes. While services are provided to other departments that are directly
or indirectly involved with patient care, research and education, the primary focus of our services is the care of the patient.
Our inpatient pharmacies include:
- The Strong Memorial Hospital Inpatient Pharmacy
- The Highland Hospital Inpatient Pharmacy
- The Sawgrass Ambulatory Surgical Center Pharmacy
We are creating a Pharmacy Department that will:
- Be the employer of choice for pharmacists and technicians in Upstate New York.
- Ensure that all patients receive appropriate drug therapy that focuses on specific
- Be considered the clerkship site of choice for undergraduate and graduate pharmacy
- Implement innovative drug delivery models that leverage staff resources.
- Routinely initiate and/or collaborate in research focusing on pharmaceutics,
pharmacotherapy, and systems improvement.
- Be seen both internally and externally as providing quality service with a customer
- Work with State agencies and professional organizations to promote regulations
compatible with the advancement of pharmacy practice.
- Promote pharmacy as a collaborative discipline which is an integral part of the
health care team.
- Promote pharmacy as a collaborative discipline which is an integral contributor to
the education of health care professionals.
- Proactively educate patients regarding their drug therapy and promote continuity of drug therapy in the ambulatory setting.
Strong Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy
Highland South Wedge Pharmacy
Strong Ties Outpatient Pharmacy
Infectious Disease Clinic Pharmacy
URMC Employee Pharmacy
URMC Specialty Pharmacy
(585) 273-4767 Or (855) 340-4767
Highland Pharmacy at Jordan Health Center
James P. Wilmot Cancer Center Pharmacy
Investigational Drug Studies
- Learn more about your medication
- How much is your co-pay if you are insured by Blue Choice or Medicaid? Find out.
- Find neighborhood pharmacies offering 24-hour prescription service