- Home Page - Nursing
- About Us
- Nursing Recruitment
- Career Advancement
- Clinical Nursing Research Center
- Margaret D. Sovie Center for Advanced Practice
- Shared Governance
- Magnet Designation
- DAISY Award
- New York State Licensing
- Nursing Education
- Government Sites
- Nursing Associations
- More Nursing Organizations
- Of General Interest to Nurses
- University of Rochester School of Nursing
Part of the University of Rochester Medical Center, which includes the School of Medicine and Dentistry and Strong Memorial Hospital, the University of Rochester School of Nursing offers an education that blends nursing practice and research into every aspect of its programs. Students have access to a state-of-the-art Clinical and Educational Resource Center and the University of Rochester's extensive library collections and biomedical databases. Full and part time study is available.
- National Student Nurses Association
Information about careers, employment and resources for student nurses.
- All Nurses
News, discussions, job listings and health information library
An online community with articles and columns written by experts, news on nursing and healthcare, and information about continuing education.
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
HRSA, a federal agency, strives to improve and expand access to quality health care for all, in part by training a health workforce that is diverse and motivated to work in underserved communities.This site contains information about grants, scholarships, support, training programs, and the Kids Into Health Careers Program, which works with minority and disadvantaged students through high school age to encourage health careers.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
NIH is one of the top medical research centers in the world and the focal point of research in the United States. This federal site provides an index of NIH health resources, clinical trials, health hotlines, electronic databases, and drug information.
NIH site also contains:
- New York State Education Department (NYSED)
NYSED oversees education and the Office of the Professions in New York State. This site provides information about licensed professions, educational institutions, student support, and scholarships.
- All Nursing Schools
- Discover Nursing
- Honor Society of Nursing/Sigma Theta Tau International
- National League for Nursing
- New York State Nurses Association
- Nurses for a Healthier Tomorrow
- American Nurses Association
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Organization of Nurse Executives
- National Student Nurses' Association (NSNA)
What is Magnet Status?
Magnet Status is an award given by the American Nurses Credentialing Center to hospitals that satisfy a demanding set of criteria measuring the strength and quality of their nursing. This international nursing quality designation is enjoyed by only about 5% of hospitals in the country.