Vascular Surgery Residency Program Application Procedures
How to Apply
Application Deadline: September 2013
- Dean’s letter (submitted by Medical Schools on Nov 1)
- USMLE transcript
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- International Medical Students: We only sponsor J1 visas; ECFMG certificate and NY Medical Board status letter are required no later than December 1.
- We will NOT offer an interview unless you meet all these qualifications.
We have one five-year position available each year.
- November 2013
- January 2014
Residents will begin their training on or about June 22.
Susan Edwards, Vascular Surgery Residency Coordinator
Phone: (585) 275-6772
Vacation: our residents have four 9 day vacations (total 36 days) dispersed throughout the academic year.
The following are provided to the resident by the Vascular Surgery Department:
- Surgical loupes
- Customized lead
- Radiation safety training and certification
- RVTI credentialing (need to confirm)
- Additional $3,000/yr educational fund to be used for conferences and books
Current Residents/Job Placement
- Adam Doyle R5
- Neil Kumar R4
- Xzabia Caliste R3
- Marlene Mathews R2 (Research)
- Khurram Rasheed R2
- Doran Mix R1
Annual Social Activities
- Vascular Surgery Division Picnic
- Chairman’s Christmas/Holiday Party
- Intramural Softball