Welcome to the Upstate Stem Cell cGMP Facility
With support funding from the Empire State Stem Cell Board, the University of Rochester Medical Center has recently constructed and opened the Upstate Stem Cell cGMP Facility (USCGF) for the manufacture of stem cells and monoclonal antibody products for early-phase clinical trials. The USCGF is a key component of the University’s Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Institute and only one of a handful of academic cell-based cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) facilities in the country It is a regional resource available to scientists in academia and industry throughout the country.
The USCGF is designed as a multi-use cGMP manufacturing and testing facility with the goal of accelerating “first-in-man” early-phase clinical studies with the following capabilities:
- Development of clinical-scale manufacturing
- Development of analytical methods for
product characterization and release
- GMP manufacturing and in-process testing of
- Quality control release of final product
The facility is open and available for contract manufacturing and testing services.
For more information, or to inquire about the availability of the GMP facility for research, please contact Michael J. Fiske
- Researchers Awarded $3.5 Million in NYS Stem Cell Grants (3/26/14)
- New Facility Will Bridge Research and Stem Cell Therapies (12/12/12)
- URMC Opens Stem Cell Facility - YNN Rochester (12/12/12)